Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 
St. Ann's Roman Catholic Church

It's right across the street from our house!

I got to Wildwood last night, at around 11. Checked in with Joy - into a double room, then moved to a 4 person room because Shireen would be joining us the next day. This room's much better. It's bigger, more spacious, nearer the toilet and it has a balcony!

We went out with Kenneth, Kokming and Nafiur to buy some stuff from Wawa, the 24-hr convenient store. Ain't exactly the safest place to be in the middle of the night, Wildwood. Saw 2 guys nearly getting into a fight cos one of them rode his bicycle into the other. Kokming got a little hassled by this burly guy at 7-11. Thank goodness he handled it well. No, not thank goodness, thank God. Thank God for keeping each of us safe.

On the way back, I noticed the building opposite our house. Looked like a church. But it was kinda late, and I was freezing my butt off, so I decided to check it out the next day.

Turns out, it's St Ann's R.C. Church! A really nice building made o sun-coloured bricks! It's got a history too, being completely burnt down on a Friday, the 13th of December, 1929, then rebuilt to be what it is today.It's amazing how I will be living right next to it for the next 3 months! It's great cos there's daily Mass at 7am and 9am.

I actually checked out the place with Joy after we went grocery shopping after lunch. After looking around, we just sat there. I prayed a while, and Joy said that she found tthe church amazingly peaceful, and that she enjoyed just sitting there. There wasn't a priest around.

So. Shireen's coming over tonight! Yay! We can go find out about the church activities and all. It looks pretty vibrant from the bulletin. Lots of meetings, courses and such.

Things are looking great.

Comments:
hey mel. sorry couldnt send u off. had to book in. Anw lookin forward to reading yr experience over there. Im sure its gonna be great fun. Take caer. & keep in prayer always. Love, Marcus
 
Exams are over, i can finally come out of my cave.

How are things in nj? Come over to washington! I'll be going back end of may though. Got to serve my time.
 
I heard that you guys got scolded by some elderly folks for wearing jeans to church !!! is this true ??

And what the hell is Wawa . is that like a convinience store which has a back alley leading to an adult bookstore which has a basement where they keep endangered animals so they can ship them off to poor southeast asian countries ???

YOu should be complaining the moment you went into the store just because of its frieking name !!!

I mean , where the hell did the owner get his inspiration from ? did he just wake up one day to hear someone moan only to name his store after that !!!

That's sardonic , to say the least ..

Anyway continue to have fun and add more blogs !! Whooooooop !!
 
ookie dookie boogie bear.

Before you get down to posting another comment, I'd like to say something about Wawa.

It has the best coffee in Wildwood.
 
WA wa .. ( excuse the pun , none intended ) ..

As far as I'm concerned , the best coffee is near my place .. blk 112 Bedok Reservoir Bobby's Coffee Shop , you go look for a guy called Lin .. he'll be wearing a black fishnet shirt which says 'i'm bigger than i look' with a tight red shorts which says 'looks are deceiving' .. When u find him , you tell him the boogie bear sent you ..

Number one Kopi in the world , if you're really nice to him , he'll even give u a kiss ( anyone included ) ..

Once you tried it , i suggest you just close your eyes and imagine yourself to be in wildwood and how bad the coffee there probably tasted and come to realize that there could never , ever be a better coffee moment in your life ..

Down with democracy , up with the caffeine
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?