Monday, April 03, 2006

 
Talk don't Type!

I heard on the radio today that some university lecturer is making his students SMS questions to him. While in class. Strange eh. Considering how most lecturers I know just hate it when students start fiddling with their phones in class.

But honestly. Isn't that taking the whole SMS and IM thing just a tad too far? It got me thinking.

I mean, I know (and I am guilty too) about the whole convenience about "talking" with our fingers. I know that I am a dead give-away when it comes to facial expressions, so the semi-anonymity that comes along with messaging is just great. Couple that with the fact that written words may have hidden meanings (or lack thereof)... and there you have it - wonderfully crafted conversations that lack responsibilty and accountability.

Alright, I admit that this is viewing things a little too negatively on my part. There are of course instances and situations where such messages are great, where you can look at them at smile. But lately, I have to say that some MSN messages that come through the computer, and SMSes that come through my phone, simply irk me.

And more often than not, for no valid reason, which I'd find out later.

See, it just causes unnecessary stress, worry and irritance. A simple 5 minute conversation on the phone speaks with far greater volume. And accounts for far more.

And YOU! I'll deal with you later. Some time this week. When I feel I have enough patience to talk to you without blowing up.

Comments:
did u just awwwwww me?? haha. yea talk, people! remember what happened with that whole "mel, u're pregnant" thing?? hahaha!
 
What's wrong with AWWWWWWWing you? Your post was sweet!

I feel it in my fingers... I feel it in my toes... hahah!
 
haha u totally missed the point!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?