Saturday, April 15, 2006
No Song, No Blog
I was telling myself the entire day that once I manage to complete my midi composition for my Science of Music module, I'd blog about it - either how abosolutely etheral (yeah right) or painfully ridiculous (more likely) it sounds.
But.
I haven't done it. I spent the entire afternoon trying to download other programmes like Jammin32 something, or easy composer something or other... but to no avail. The damn melody assistant which i actually enjoyed using is gonna cost me USD20 just to convert the file to midi format, and that's just plain dumb. Guess Anvil studio's gonna have to work for me.
I digress.
I'm blogging cos Melly said she's running out of things to read. You better be flattered girl! Haha kidding. I just can't stand looking at the Anvil page.
Anyway. We had a beautiful outdoor Stations of the Cross this evening. It was pretty interesting - this time around the alter servers did a mini re-enactment of the carrying of the cross, nailing to the cross, etc. And one of them actually played Jesus. In the background, scenes of The Passion, and the angelic voices of the choir just made the night so solemnly beautiful; a great way to reflect on what our Lord went through for us. I especially liked the responsorial that went
"Shepherd Me O God, beyond my wants, beyond my fears, from death into life."
After that we went to help out with the decor for this Sunday's Easter games, and I just got back from supper at Chomps. No car, so I walked home. I realised I haven't done that in a while... since everyone started getting our driving licences. I really enjoyed walking up though. The night breeze, the ability to just walk and get lost in one's own thoughts. Or the times where I walked up with people, like Shireen Marcus Josh... and just have really nice conversations. Thank you for those times.
On the way up, I saw a snail mourning for his squished other half. It looked really sad. Euurgh. I just hate the sound that is made by a snail crushed under a shoe.
Ok that was a lil' random.
Oh but looking at the snail reminded me of the times Leon and I used to play at Greg's place. The playground area was just full of snails, and there was once we saw a bunch of EVIL kids putting snails into a pit and sprinking salt onto them, watching them squirm. And how we'd call ourselves the "Law Enforcers", grab all of Greg's guns and swords and weapons, and go order all the other kids in the playground around... So fun. They were seriously terrified of us. Or maybe they found it fun being ordered around. Hmmm. Who knows.
Anyway it's been a fun week. Holy Week. Trying to make it a point to spend some time in adoration every night till Maundy Thursday... I realise how much we sometimes need to just spend some quiet time with our Lord. Puts the entire day into perspective. Recalling the little things of the day to be thankful for.
A ton of stooooopid things happened as well - from trying to get free parking but failing, to leaving the wallet in the car when the car went for servicing, to idiotic cab drivers. Shan't elaborate - for my own dignity's sake. But still, it was funny... and things like these do make life more fascinating. Fascinatingly hilarious. =)
The week also marked the end of the onslaught of deadlines. Yippee.
Also means the official no-excuse-for-not-starting-revision period. Sheesh.
I was telling myself the entire day that once I manage to complete my midi composition for my Science of Music module, I'd blog about it - either how abosolutely etheral (yeah right) or painfully ridiculous (more likely) it sounds.
But.
I haven't done it. I spent the entire afternoon trying to download other programmes like Jammin32 something, or easy composer something or other... but to no avail. The damn melody assistant which i actually enjoyed using is gonna cost me USD20 just to convert the file to midi format, and that's just plain dumb. Guess Anvil studio's gonna have to work for me.
I digress.
I'm blogging cos Melly said she's running out of things to read. You better be flattered girl! Haha kidding. I just can't stand looking at the Anvil page.
Anyway. We had a beautiful outdoor Stations of the Cross this evening. It was pretty interesting - this time around the alter servers did a mini re-enactment of the carrying of the cross, nailing to the cross, etc. And one of them actually played Jesus. In the background, scenes of The Passion, and the angelic voices of the choir just made the night so solemnly beautiful; a great way to reflect on what our Lord went through for us. I especially liked the responsorial that went
"Shepherd Me O God, beyond my wants, beyond my fears, from death into life."
After that we went to help out with the decor for this Sunday's Easter games, and I just got back from supper at Chomps. No car, so I walked home. I realised I haven't done that in a while... since everyone started getting our driving licences. I really enjoyed walking up though. The night breeze, the ability to just walk and get lost in one's own thoughts. Or the times where I walked up with people, like Shireen Marcus Josh... and just have really nice conversations. Thank you for those times.
On the way up, I saw a snail mourning for his squished other half. It looked really sad. Euurgh. I just hate the sound that is made by a snail crushed under a shoe.
Ok that was a lil' random.
Oh but looking at the snail reminded me of the times Leon and I used to play at Greg's place. The playground area was just full of snails, and there was once we saw a bunch of EVIL kids putting snails into a pit and sprinking salt onto them, watching them squirm. And how we'd call ourselves the "Law Enforcers", grab all of Greg's guns and swords and weapons, and go order all the other kids in the playground around... So fun. They were seriously terrified of us. Or maybe they found it fun being ordered around. Hmmm. Who knows.
Anyway it's been a fun week. Holy Week. Trying to make it a point to spend some time in adoration every night till Maundy Thursday... I realise how much we sometimes need to just spend some quiet time with our Lord. Puts the entire day into perspective. Recalling the little things of the day to be thankful for.
A ton of stooooopid things happened as well - from trying to get free parking but failing, to leaving the wallet in the car when the car went for servicing, to idiotic cab drivers. Shan't elaborate - for my own dignity's sake. But still, it was funny... and things like these do make life more fascinating. Fascinatingly hilarious. =)
The week also marked the end of the onslaught of deadlines. Yippee.
Also means the official no-excuse-for-not-starting-revision period. Sheesh.
Comments:
<< Home
blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog blog
Time to study! Haha!
Post a Comment
Time to study! Haha!
<< Home

