Saturday, April 22, 2006
Libraries
So it's the exams. Naturally, this means more time spent in the library. The past week was alright... had a few things to do here and there, but ultimately spent a large percentage of the time hitting the books.
This semester, my main abode has been either Central Lbrary or the Biz Lib; Central when I'm lazy to walk, need the multi-media viewing gallery, or the RBR; and Biz when I want a really, and I mean REALLY want a quiet place to study, heh.
I should try out the other libraries some time. I've been to the science library, when I was doing that horrifying linear algebra module; Medicine library to conduct surveys; and Law library to well, check out cute guys. Are there any other libraries in NUS?
You know that whole thing about how SNAILS (Students Not Actually In Law) should not go study in the Law library, blah blah... it's starting to get so funny. A friend sent this site to me... and I've got no idea if it's for real or not. But it's hilarious anyway.
Ugh, first paper's on Monday - History of Film. I've been watching films till my eyes are almost popping out of its sockets, and I'm still not done. At least I get to watch X-Men. Not that exciting, you might say... but seriously, compared to the other black and white films (that are either silent, or in French, German, Italian or Russian), I'm almost willing to pay $9.50 to watch it.
Still, it is one of my more interesting modules, so no complaining. Feels kinda nice to be watching a film - albeit how dreadfully boring - when others are poring over words, words and more words, or numbers, numbers and more numbers. =p
So it's the exams. Naturally, this means more time spent in the library. The past week was alright... had a few things to do here and there, but ultimately spent a large percentage of the time hitting the books.
This semester, my main abode has been either Central Lbrary or the Biz Lib; Central when I'm lazy to walk, need the multi-media viewing gallery, or the RBR; and Biz when I want a really, and I mean REALLY want a quiet place to study, heh.
I should try out the other libraries some time. I've been to the science library, when I was doing that horrifying linear algebra module; Medicine library to conduct surveys; and Law library to well, check out cute guys. Are there any other libraries in NUS?
You know that whole thing about how SNAILS (Students Not Actually In Law) should not go study in the Law library, blah blah... it's starting to get so funny. A friend sent this site to me... and I've got no idea if it's for real or not. But it's hilarious anyway.
Ugh, first paper's on Monday - History of Film. I've been watching films till my eyes are almost popping out of its sockets, and I'm still not done. At least I get to watch X-Men. Not that exciting, you might say... but seriously, compared to the other black and white films (that are either silent, or in French, German, Italian or Russian), I'm almost willing to pay $9.50 to watch it.
Still, it is one of my more interesting modules, so no complaining. Feels kinda nice to be watching a film - albeit how dreadfully boring - when others are poring over words, words and more words, or numbers, numbers and more numbers. =p
Comments:
<< Home
there's really a geog concept called 'geographies of exclusion'! and their essay's impressive man.. i bet they got an A for that hahaha..
Post a Comment
<< Home
