Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 
Terror in the PS Lounge!

Did my presentation for International Security today and it was so much fun!

We had to come up with a scenario planning exercise. My group, decided to plan a Sarin Gas attack on the MRT lines in Singapore. Ok, hang on, I'm starting to get afraid of posting this here, so I better make a disclaimer: It was JUST a tutorial exercise, no real making of the gas or such.

Anyway, I got to play the role of the terrorist! It was quite strange, like I was presenting my idea of how to attack to my fellow terrorists or something. But while it was funny, it occured to me that there were people out there who are doing this, who have in fact done it before (like those who executed the Sarin Gas attack on the Tokyo subway in 1995). Really freaky. I mean, how do they acually plan the deaths of so many people? What in the world goes on inside of their heads?

Then Daryl presented the perspective of the Security agency in Singapore, and Ian covered the social and political consequences. I think we did ok, and I actually liked this tutorial. Makes me realise how much there is going on in the world, and be thankful for the peace we enjoy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?