Sunday, March 12, 2006
Rally Rocked
Just got home from supper after the Serangoon Youth District Rally, which was absolutely fantastic - the rally not supper (oh, but supper was great too).
I still can't believe I was actually involved in it. So many different people leading different intercessory prayers prior to the rally kept telling us to think about how we got pulled into the events. And I'm still reeling over the shock that I had a role in it... an acting role no less (You know I really can't act).
I was pulled in at such a last minute that I didn't even have a name tag at the event! I remember how I didn't go for that one initial meeting, so wasn't allocated any ministry... hence the feeling of relief and delight at the thought of being able to slack. Heh.
But somehow God in all His wonders called me to get involved. And I'm really thankful that He did. Everything fell in place tonight. The music story, the praise and worship, the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, the testimonies... everything. I was especially touched by the testimonies, which I felt reflected many of my own struggles.
Anyway when I got home, the bible was lying on the piano. I picked it up and just flipped... and I saw Psalm 127 staring at me.
If Yahweh does not build a house
in vain do its builders toil.
If Yahweh does not guard a city
in vain does its guard keep watch.
- Psalm 127:1
Yeah God really provides and turns all our efforts into something truly amazing, beyond our own control!
Just got home from supper after the Serangoon Youth District Rally, which was absolutely fantastic - the rally not supper (oh, but supper was great too).
I still can't believe I was actually involved in it. So many different people leading different intercessory prayers prior to the rally kept telling us to think about how we got pulled into the events. And I'm still reeling over the shock that I had a role in it... an acting role no less (You know I really can't act).
I was pulled in at such a last minute that I didn't even have a name tag at the event! I remember how I didn't go for that one initial meeting, so wasn't allocated any ministry... hence the feeling of relief and delight at the thought of being able to slack. Heh.
But somehow God in all His wonders called me to get involved. And I'm really thankful that He did. Everything fell in place tonight. The music story, the praise and worship, the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, the testimonies... everything. I was especially touched by the testimonies, which I felt reflected many of my own struggles.
Anyway when I got home, the bible was lying on the piano. I picked it up and just flipped... and I saw Psalm 127 staring at me.
If Yahweh does not build a house
in vain do its builders toil.
If Yahweh does not guard a city
in vain does its guard keep watch.
- Psalm 127:1
Yeah God really provides and turns all our efforts into something truly amazing, beyond our own control!