Tuesday, March 21, 2006
He Really Knows
I woke up early at 6 this morning to finish that darn Film Noir proposal that was due at noon today. So I wrote a couple of paragraphs, and crashed again at about 8. And suddenly it was 10 and I had to take a cab to school.
Was feeling a bit down today because of something I got to know from a friend on msn. Sometimes I feel these instant messaging things are terrible cos it's so easy to hide the real truth. And you leave the conversation feeling unsatisfied, disgruntled and just plain uneasy.
So there I was trying to rush my proposal in school, and just feeling a bit heavy-hearted the entire day... not wanting to join the nus gang studying at biz, in fact, not feeling like talking to anyone much. Then Seetoh came and joined us for mass!
Mass was really good for me. Father's sermon just hit where I needed it. How to focus on prayer and stop thinking about things that trouble us, that cause us much anxiety. After that I even had to guts to share with Seetoh a little about what happened earlier, and how the mass helped me. It was simply amazing.
And somehow, afterthat, the day got so much brighter! We all went for dinner at Ikea, ordered ALOT of food, and laughed at the silly things Seetoh, Ong and I did in VJ. It was such a stark contrast from earlier that day that I was just really really happy.
Speaking of VJ days. I know I sometimes bitch and all about the time I had there being horrid, being too pressurizing, etc. But really, there were so many moments of fun and insanity. And I'm thankful for them.
=)
I woke up early at 6 this morning to finish that darn Film Noir proposal that was due at noon today. So I wrote a couple of paragraphs, and crashed again at about 8. And suddenly it was 10 and I had to take a cab to school.
Was feeling a bit down today because of something I got to know from a friend on msn. Sometimes I feel these instant messaging things are terrible cos it's so easy to hide the real truth. And you leave the conversation feeling unsatisfied, disgruntled and just plain uneasy.
So there I was trying to rush my proposal in school, and just feeling a bit heavy-hearted the entire day... not wanting to join the nus gang studying at biz, in fact, not feeling like talking to anyone much. Then Seetoh came and joined us for mass!
Mass was really good for me. Father's sermon just hit where I needed it. How to focus on prayer and stop thinking about things that trouble us, that cause us much anxiety. After that I even had to guts to share with Seetoh a little about what happened earlier, and how the mass helped me. It was simply amazing.
And somehow, afterthat, the day got so much brighter! We all went for dinner at Ikea, ordered ALOT of food, and laughed at the silly things Seetoh, Ong and I did in VJ. It was such a stark contrast from earlier that day that I was just really really happy.
Speaking of VJ days. I know I sometimes bitch and all about the time I had there being horrid, being too pressurizing, etc. But really, there were so many moments of fun and insanity. And I'm thankful for them.
=)