Thursday, March 02, 2006
Ashes to ashes
So it was Ash wednesday today. Playing for Mass at IJ was fun - Nice to see the girls file in the hall, seeing the teachers nag at them to walk quickly and to make less noise... brings back such memories.
It was kinda weird too, when the teachers were sitting right next to me during mass - the likes of Jo Teo, Mag Low... among others that made such a deep impression in my Secondary school life. I always kinda freeze when Jo Teo speaks to me, cos I remember the time she made some of us stand outside the class for not bringing our Library worksheets - and then later caught us having a mini picnic outside, heheh.
Globalisation class is always hilarious. The lecturer's practically a stand up comedian. Like what the hell, he kept calling me by my chinese name... "I like the name Shu fen... It just sounds so... Shu fen."
After my Globalisation class, some of the PS Disgruntles went for Teh in the canteen. Somehow, we started talking about religion... something I always shunned away from. Being the only one among them who believed in a religion (not just God), I got thrown all sorts of questions. Mich kept asking me to prove that there's a God. Haha, seriously if I could do that, I'd have published a book or something.
That's the thing really. I can't prove God exists. It's all up to faith, as much as many people who're seeking hate that kind of answer. But that's the nature of it isn't it? I mean, if you could prove the existence of God by scientific or rational means then believing wouldn't mean much would it? And God wouldn't be God if His existence could be so easily comprehended.
I really felt challenged when Mich said that she really likes it when people are able to stand up and defend their beliefs. I wished I could do that, but I kinda freaked cos I didn't think I could. It's something that'd been bugging me since before retreat last year and it surfaced again today. I just NEED to know more before I could bring myself to face any such challenges.
Ok ok, trust trust TRUST.
On another note, my study time in school today was pretty much disrupted by "How to make an American Quilt." Ok, what I should have been watching was "Rules of the Game" (which was ACTUALLY part of my module), BUT... this looked WAY nicer. Yes, the movie was touching and stuff... but what really caught my attention was the making of the quilt. I loved how they came up with a title for it , like Where Love Resides, and then made a sort of montage of pictures that meant so much yet things so different to each person sewing, but still all representing that one title. And then that aesthetic part about how all of it could come together in harmony and balance. It's so gorgeous and I could stare at it forever. Ok I'm going to make my own quilt one day.
So it was Ash wednesday today. Playing for Mass at IJ was fun - Nice to see the girls file in the hall, seeing the teachers nag at them to walk quickly and to make less noise... brings back such memories.
It was kinda weird too, when the teachers were sitting right next to me during mass - the likes of Jo Teo, Mag Low... among others that made such a deep impression in my Secondary school life. I always kinda freeze when Jo Teo speaks to me, cos I remember the time she made some of us stand outside the class for not bringing our Library worksheets - and then later caught us having a mini picnic outside, heheh.
Globalisation class is always hilarious. The lecturer's practically a stand up comedian. Like what the hell, he kept calling me by my chinese name... "I like the name Shu fen... It just sounds so... Shu fen."
After my Globalisation class, some of the PS Disgruntles went for Teh in the canteen. Somehow, we started talking about religion... something I always shunned away from. Being the only one among them who believed in a religion (not just God), I got thrown all sorts of questions. Mich kept asking me to prove that there's a God. Haha, seriously if I could do that, I'd have published a book or something.
That's the thing really. I can't prove God exists. It's all up to faith, as much as many people who're seeking hate that kind of answer. But that's the nature of it isn't it? I mean, if you could prove the existence of God by scientific or rational means then believing wouldn't mean much would it? And God wouldn't be God if His existence could be so easily comprehended.
I really felt challenged when Mich said that she really likes it when people are able to stand up and defend their beliefs. I wished I could do that, but I kinda freaked cos I didn't think I could. It's something that'd been bugging me since before retreat last year and it surfaced again today. I just NEED to know more before I could bring myself to face any such challenges.
Ok ok, trust trust TRUST.
On another note, my study time in school today was pretty much disrupted by "How to make an American Quilt." Ok, what I should have been watching was "Rules of the Game" (which was ACTUALLY part of my module), BUT... this looked WAY nicer. Yes, the movie was touching and stuff... but what really caught my attention was the making of the quilt. I loved how they came up with a title for it , like Where Love Resides, and then made a sort of montage of pictures that meant so much yet things so different to each person sewing, but still all representing that one title. And then that aesthetic part about how all of it could come together in harmony and balance. It's so gorgeous and I could stare at it forever. Ok I'm going to make my own quilt one day.
Comments:
<< Home
Guess what, 5 mins after you logged off, I read this in my notes on the EU and US: "It is past time to move beyond the denial and the insults and the face the problem head on."
Freaky! Hahaha
Post a Comment
Freaky! Hahaha
<< Home
