Monday, March 27, 2006
As Precise as it Gets
Everyone's been saying how precise God is. And at Mass today, I really could attest to this.
It was a really good weekend. I had a good talk with a friend, with whom my friendship with had taken some tumbles in the past, and somehow we never got the chance to reconcile with each other. Over time, a subconscious barrier had been created between us, something which we had not even realised at times.
Somehow, God, being the same Ol' trustworthy and amazing lad that He always is, directed us in the path of reconciliation this Lent. I really thank and praise Him for giving me the grace to break down all that horrid pride. And back to Mass today... Father's preaching was all about healing broken relationships! When He started to speak about it, I was in such awe that that funny strange feeling of hotness spread across me.
From today's first reading:
On another note, I was chatting with a friend about this quote by Virginia Woolf: "Someone has to die that the rest of us should value life more." Is it true that something bad has to happen before one starts to value life, or search for something more in life?
I looked at the quote again. You know what, someone did die. For us. So do we value life more now?
And how do we choose to live ours?
Everyone's been saying how precise God is. And at Mass today, I really could attest to this.
It was a really good weekend. I had a good talk with a friend, with whom my friendship with had taken some tumbles in the past, and somehow we never got the chance to reconcile with each other. Over time, a subconscious barrier had been created between us, something which we had not even realised at times.
Somehow, God, being the same Ol' trustworthy and amazing lad that He always is, directed us in the path of reconciliation this Lent. I really thank and praise Him for giving me the grace to break down all that horrid pride. And back to Mass today... Father's preaching was all about healing broken relationships! When He started to speak about it, I was in such awe that that funny strange feeling of hotness spread across me.
From today's first reading:
"Thus says the LORD:
Lo, I am about to create new heavens
and a new earth;
The things of the past shall not be remembered
or come to mind.
Instead, there shall always be rejoicing and happiness
in what I create."
On another note, I was chatting with a friend about this quote by Virginia Woolf: "Someone has to die that the rest of us should value life more." Is it true that something bad has to happen before one starts to value life, or search for something more in life?
I looked at the quote again. You know what, someone did die. For us. So do we value life more now?
And how do we choose to live ours?
Comments:
<< Home
"I looked at the quote again. You know what, someone did die. For us...."
You're right - someone did die for us. I am in awe.
Anyhow, thank you for your sharing and thank God. We survived. :)
Post a Comment
You're right - someone did die for us. I am in awe.
Anyhow, thank you for your sharing and thank God. We survived. :)
<< Home
