Saturday, February 04, 2006
Aiyar. I have class tomorrow.
Another makeup class tomorrow - which means another saturday morning not sleeping in. Sheesh.
Last Saturday's class was one of the most embarrassing things ever. Silly Ol' me thought that last week's class was a makeup lecture (not tutorial) so I happily got my lazy ass down to LT14 at 10am. Ah - as fate would have it, the LT was locked with not a soul in sight.
So I call Daryl. He starts laughing hysterically, and tells me that everyone is in AS3... somewhere. Damn. Still, I make my way down to that wretchedly far place, wondering how the entire lecture group can fit into that tiny tutorial room.
I finally get to class, and I sit somewhere in the middle - empty seat next to Mark. Daryl just HAD to be sitting right in front, under the lecturer's nose. And nah, I didn't want to attract that much attention; I was already late. At this point, I start thinking, "Wow, not many people turned up eh."
Then the lecturer starts to take attendance, and I whisper to Mark, "What's wrong with this guy, Lecture also need to take attendance." Mark's eyes widen. "It's not lecture. It's TOOOOTORRREEEEEAAALLL."
"Oh shit," I say. "Then why the hell did I come all the way down here on a Saturday morning?" Mark says, "You mean you're not in this class?"
"NOOOOOO," I mouth. "I better get out now."
"You mean you're just going to walk out?" He says. I look up and the lecturer has already started. I sigh. "Yeah. No choice."
So with the lecturer's head turned, I scramble out, stepping on a few feet and bags on the way out.
I was going to call my Dad to see if he was still around the school when I had an epiphany. I dug into my bag and found my rarely used organiser-file thingy. AH! I had to go for that damn class I just left. Drats.
Ok (deep breath) I opened the door to the classroom again. The seat next to Mark was taken now, and so were almost all the other seats. Except the ones in the front row of course.
I go sit next to Daryl, all the while trying not to die of embarrassment, and my lecturer says, "Are you ok? Why do you keep going in and out?"
"Heh," I mumble. "Thought wrong class. But turns out not wrong." He looks puzzled but goes on with the class. I feel Mark giving me strange looks for the rest of the class. And Daryl trying very hard not to laugh out loud.
I REALLY hope tomorrow's class is a lecture.
Another makeup class tomorrow - which means another saturday morning not sleeping in. Sheesh.
Last Saturday's class was one of the most embarrassing things ever. Silly Ol' me thought that last week's class was a makeup lecture (not tutorial) so I happily got my lazy ass down to LT14 at 10am. Ah - as fate would have it, the LT was locked with not a soul in sight.
So I call Daryl. He starts laughing hysterically, and tells me that everyone is in AS3... somewhere. Damn. Still, I make my way down to that wretchedly far place, wondering how the entire lecture group can fit into that tiny tutorial room.
I finally get to class, and I sit somewhere in the middle - empty seat next to Mark. Daryl just HAD to be sitting right in front, under the lecturer's nose. And nah, I didn't want to attract that much attention; I was already late. At this point, I start thinking, "Wow, not many people turned up eh."
Then the lecturer starts to take attendance, and I whisper to Mark, "What's wrong with this guy, Lecture also need to take attendance." Mark's eyes widen. "It's not lecture. It's TOOOOTORRREEEEEAAALLL."
"Oh shit," I say. "Then why the hell did I come all the way down here on a Saturday morning?" Mark says, "You mean you're not in this class?"
"NOOOOOO," I mouth. "I better get out now."
"You mean you're just going to walk out?" He says. I look up and the lecturer has already started. I sigh. "Yeah. No choice."
So with the lecturer's head turned, I scramble out, stepping on a few feet and bags on the way out.
I was going to call my Dad to see if he was still around the school when I had an epiphany. I dug into my bag and found my rarely used organiser-file thingy. AH! I had to go for that damn class I just left. Drats.
Ok (deep breath) I opened the door to the classroom again. The seat next to Mark was taken now, and so were almost all the other seats. Except the ones in the front row of course.
I go sit next to Daryl, all the while trying not to die of embarrassment, and my lecturer says, "Are you ok? Why do you keep going in and out?"
"Heh," I mumble. "Thought wrong class. But turns out not wrong." He looks puzzled but goes on with the class. I feel Mark giving me strange looks for the rest of the class. And Daryl trying very hard not to laugh out loud.
I REALLY hope tomorrow's class is a lecture.