Monday, December 12, 2005

Addicted
Your breath – Breathes through me,
As I walk on by;
Oblivious to the world around me –
I don’t stop to say hi.
Your gaze – falls upon me,
I look up and I see;
Everything that I desire,
All the things I want to be.
Your voice – stirs within –
Like a heartbeat, like a thread;
I push it aside and say,
“Voices, get out of my head.”
I run, I hide, yet you still linger;
I push myself away from you –
You invite me to come forward,
There’s nothing else I can do.
I cry and tear my hair out –
You say, child, do not weep;
You are mine and I love you,
By my side, you - I’ll keep.
In desperation, I finally open my eyes –
Just a little, not any more;
But through that tiny hole a ray of light streams forth –
That warms my very core.
I realize that what I’m seeking
I’ve been pushing away in strife;
My Lord, my God, I love you,
Come into my life.
